This blog is definitely NSFW and not spoiler free.
I'm heeroluva, a slash fanfic writer. I currently post a lot of Avengers, Doctor Who, Sherlock, and cat pictures, but a little bit of everything is likely to appear here. I'm liberal and that's likely to show as well.
“Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping... waiting... and though unwanted... unbidden... it will stir... open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace... but we would be hollow... Empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead.”
Things that are not inherently awful or something you should feel ashamed of:
- being white
- being male
- being cisgender
- being straight or heteronormative
- being able bodied
- being neurotypical
- being conventionally attractive
Things that suck and you should feel ashamed of:
- denying the privilege that comes with being any of those things
- attempting to highlight your thoughts, views, ideas, experiences, etc, over those of the people you have privilege over when discussing their oppression
- complaining whenever someone of the oppressed group calls you out
- mislabeling, misgendering, or using slurs to refer to said oppressed group
- trying to showcase your allyship by over-exaggerating your beliefs or vying for attention for acting like a decent person
It’s really that simple.